The First Baptist Church of Madison seeks to improve the quality of life of all citizens. It is our duty to share in missions and discipleship in Madison and to the community beyond.
We have supported the following initiatives since the arrival of Rev. A. Craig Dunn as senior pastor.
- Family Promise, an organization that provides shelter for the homeless. First Baptist has been both a support church and host site
- The Partnership for the Children of Essex: in collaboration with the Y of Madison and the Sisters of Charity, FBC collected sneakers and boots to be distributed to the homeless through the "Sole to Soul" Project.
- The Sisters of Charity Nurses training program in Haiti. FBC is supporting their effort to bring 20 nurse trainees to the US for additional training at Trinitas Hospital in Elizabeth. FBC is also collecting new and used watches with second hands to give the nurses to use when taking patients vitals.
- First Baptist Church provide monthly meals to the seniors in the community.
- We've just launched our food pantry